Last updated on 26th December, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Ocean Chat(“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy,or our practices with regards to your personal information,please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Information You Disclose to Us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following;
- Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address,phone number,and other similar contact data.
- Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints,and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data: We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number),and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- Social Media Login Data: We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- Information Automatically Collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit,use or navigate the .This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. such as your IP address,browser and device characteristics,operating system,language preferences,referring URLs, device name,country,location information about how and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our , and for our internal analytic and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses,we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases,joint marketing partners,as well as from other third parties Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
- Your Information May Share With Third Parties
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations .
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent:We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract:Where we have entered into a contract with you,we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract Customize Policy Style.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so 1n order to comply with applicable law,governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order,or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests :We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities,or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors,Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
- Examples: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery,hosting services,customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the ,which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the over time.This information may be used to, among other things,analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy,we do not share, sell,rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of,any merger, sale of company assets,financing,or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the application or website . These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other Users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of the such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name,profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our , and view your profile.
- Handling Your Social Login
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you
Our offer you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter login) Where you choose to do this,we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned,but will often include your name,e-mail address,friends list,profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
- Transformation of Your Information
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in. If you are accessing our from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in and other countries.
- About Third Party Website
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
- Keeping Your Information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information,we will either delete or anonymize it,or,if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletions possible.
- Keeping Your Information Safe
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transm1ss1on of personal information to and from our is at your own risk.You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- Information From Minors
In Short: We may not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the , you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the . If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com
- About Your Privacy Rights
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Opting out of email marketing You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below.You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account To otherwise opt-out,you may:
- Do-not Track Feature
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected.
- Policy Upgradation
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
- Support Desk
If you have questions or confusion about the Ocean Chat policy, you may contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.